Monday, January 25, 2010

Sick day

Big weekend coming up. Starting feeling sick today, so decided it was a good idea to sleep it off. Here's some new stuff I've been working on.

"Young Heart"
I see a man in the mirror, he is pale.
I watch him stare until his look becomes stale.
His love is like a flower, it can be ripped into shreds.
And a stupid, simple accident goes straight to his head.

When a young heart is broken, it flies in the wind.
And into the ocean just to find it again.
To be filled and crushed for nothing,
cause you can't hold on to it.
And a bright light is shining and it's making me thin,
but I'll find it's ultraviolet, diggin' into my skin.
And we cry.

I see a face in the distance, she is crying.
She's fed up with all the torment and all the lying.
She dreams of a day where love is easy.
Where she doesn't have to give up herself to please him.

"Miles"
You used to touch my face as I'd look into your eyes.
You used to call my name until we saw the sunrise.

Though I held you, I still feel the miles between us.
And they sink through my chest into my still heart.
I still see you in all my dreams,
and you're beautiful.

No comments:

Post a Comment